Sunday, October 19, 2008

Told

Given that it has been pointed out to me* that I 'should look at the big picture' because 'it's not the end of the world' to miss out on a bike ride, and also how 'silly' it is to be so sad about the bike ride when the 19y.o. sister of a friend has come out of remission with leukaemia and has only weeks to live, I don't have much to say today.

My gratitude blog has been unlocked, yay! And our computer is fixed! I was ready to throw it out the window but seeing as all my friends live in it I couldn't do that. It wasn't the modem either, it was some weird code thingo that took the sensationally helpful and patient support person an hour to work out. I really cannot recommend our ISP provider highly enough.
For the next couple of years I am going to plan and train for events but not actually cough up the shekels and hope involved in entering them until the last minute.
I'm going down to the ride expo site this afternoon to cheer in Secret Sara, who as we speak is making her way around the Bay. You go girl! It's mild today but I am wishing the wind away.
UPDATE: Secret Sara blitzed it, riding so fast she finished before we even got there! Huge congrats, mate

More anon, blessing-counters
*the Spousal Unit is a bit of a dickhead sometimes

9 comments:

Wes said...

Phew! I was so worried we were totally going to be treated to an undeserved absence :-)

Keep working your plan every day! Life isn't static. Neither should the plan!

Hope you had fun cheering in your friend!! Rock n roll...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for not throwing me out the window, I don't think I'd have liked that.

Jadey said...

Wow I can't believe that I almost got thrown out a window and I didn't even know about it :P

It's funny when all your mates are inside a computer huh!

How are you doing babe?

Sue said...

Yes, there are always folk with bigger problems than us, but that doesn't mean our own problems don't affect us...

Unknown said...

I agree that in the grand scheme things like this aren't a big deal, *but* we live life on a daily basis not in the grand scheme and there's *nothing* wrong with being sad, angry, disappointed etc for missing out on something that you were looking forward to...just don't let it get you down for too long.

Glad you got the computer issues all sorted out!

Jenny said...

I'm sorry about your friend, and sorry about your bike ride. Sometimes we need our bike rides to help us keep other more serious things in focus, if that makes any sense!

Anonymous said...

Hope you get back on teh bike (and back into life) real soon.

Missed you at the finish yesterday - I was the guy with the sore butt :-)

Eat Em

MorseyRuns said...

I am so glad that you encouraged me for so long for this ride! I missed you yesterday and I am so disappointed I didn't get to see you at the finish- but next year I will be there with you as we cross that finish line! Thanks so much!

Flea said...

Totally agree with you regarding Westnet. They rock! We left them after many years because Optus had a faster more Gig (or is it MB) for cheaper option, but gosh the amount of probs we had so far. We are dying to talk to a "real person" for once but No!!
So we are strongly thinking of going back to WN.