Monday, January 14, 2008

Gunna

All through the hoo-ha of my thesis at the end of last year I was looking forward to 2008 as my 'gunna year ' - I'm gunna do this, I'm gunna do that!
No uni! All that lovely lovely uncommitted time! I can get really tired and it won't matter!
Oh, the plans I have made!
Here they are.

Walk Noddie to kinder and be a kinder mum (I gather they cut up oranges and things? Ewww, I hate oranges *makes face* But I'll do it for Noddie). I was able to rearrange my work days so I have Noddie's kinder days off. Thanks boss!
Recreational reading? Sounds like fun! Bring on the trashy crime novels!*
Prune the roses. Our thirty six rose bushes have struggled on gamely the last two years but I keep expecting a handsome prince to ride out with Sleeping Beauty on his pommel.
Clean up the jungle/rubbish tip that the back of our yard and our shed have become while I've been too distracted to stop the Spousal Unit bringing Important Stuff home and leaving it around in huge messy piles arrgghh. I shouldn't go so crook at him when he made jam last night mmmm jam mmmm from the plums the birds didn't get but I'm just a big meany as you know.
Piano lessons. That tall wooden thing in our living room will no longer just be a place to put stuff out of Noddie's reach.
Sewing mmm new clothes mmmm, although since my twenty-two year old Singer died some of the fun has gone out of it - whipping it up on the Toyota doesn't have the same ring to it :(

And the really fun stuff....
26/01 Williamstown Australia Day Swim 2km
03/02 Gatorade Portarlington 800m/26km/8km
17/02 Gatorade Elwood 600m/20km/6km
24/02 Big Bay Swim Williamstown - Port Melbourne 3.4km
01/03 Pier to Perignon Swim Sorrento Portsea 4km. (maybe)
09/03 Victorian Olympic distance championships Bairnsdale 1500/40/10 (maybe)
30/03 Gatorade St Kilda 750m/20km/5km
11/05 Mothers' Day Run 8km
22/06 Run to the G Half Marathon (maybe)
06/07 Gold Coast Marathon. My very first shot at the Big One!
11/10 Melbourne Half Marathon. I WILL run around the G!
19/10 Bay in a Day Ride 210 km

.......who knows what else?

I can't wait.

More anon, big dreamers!
*how many exclamation marks can I use? Lots!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you say "fun"? You crazy girl!

Wes said...

Ha! Great schedule... How come you get all the really cool open water swim races :-)

Kathy said...

I love crime novels. That's an impressive list of events. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Nice schedule. Now you just gotta make it happen! Let the good times roll!!

jeanne said...

Alexander McCall Smith.

My work here is done.

(That is a great lineup of events! WOOOOT!)

Anonymous said...

Why only the half at Melbourne .... ?
In for the full I say .... !!

Take care

Eat Em

Anonymous said...

oooh we can meet up for the gold coast mary. i'll try to do the half. i'll be the one who looks like elle mcphereson on the inside. really. deep down inside, i'm a hottie with gams that won't quit.