This time I had the thing changed and was off in twenty minutes, a PB!
There's no way out of this but through.
EDIT:
I. AM. GOBSMACKED.
The Equal Opportunity Commission just rang.
SUPERSPRINT HAVE INCLUDED AN ATHENA CATEGORY IN THE GATORADE TRI SERIES!*
More anon, crusaders!
*I am LBTEPA, hear me roar!LOL
14 comments:
Wow what an activist you are :D
Fantabulous! Yay lbtepa! You go girl!
Now you have to enter the series ....
Well done
Take care
Eat Em
Time to get your entry in! Love the flat tyre story.... at least you tried. I hate rear flatties.. grrrrr
Way to go, you made something happen!!!!
oh, and sorry about the flats. grrrr
You are on a roll! Go with it!!!
V is for VICTORY!
Great news about the fast flat change! Amazing about the inclusion of the Athena catagory, you have made a difference!
Cool - first time I come on the blogs in a couple of months and I get to hear a great news like this!
That is fantastic news! Go you!
wow!!! you have the POWER!
Now that you've picked your battle, and won what you wanted, don't back down. If you believed in it enough to fight for it...then keep fighting and supporting it, in public. Deleting something in your blog (which is showing up on my bloglines) won't make it any better. Stand for what you believe in! Don't let the buggers on that message board get to you or make you sorry for standing up for thousands and thousands of women! Remember that among other things Athena was also the Greek goddess of justice.
Hugs...and thanks, from another Athena.
Sweets, I went over and read the circus over on that forum and I offer you this. Of those responding, many don't take the time to consider your argument and are responding simplistically to the very thought of considering the concerns of different categories of people. Why they find it so awful that a female category be included when there is already a male one is beyond me, but their arguments are clearly against a female designation rather than a weight designation. If it were about special classes, then why joke about a large woman in a tri suit? If it were about taking time away from your equal rights commission, then why no address why there is a male category and not female?
Short sighted and unsophisticated, I say. You know my own back and forth considerations of the category here in the states, and I still find their posts lacking. Seriously lacking. I wouldn't take it personally. You have access to a considerable broader opinion base than that which is offered by those four or five individuals on that thread -- you've been plugged into the international triathlon 'scene' for a long time. This issue is a real one for the sport and talking about it only moves everyone forward.
And, for what it's worth, I think it was juvenile for the supersprint race director to post in such a way. It was obvious he had an agenda from that post -- to cull support of the majority of frequent posters and paint his office as a victim. He was clearly implying that you were causing trouble when it was the commission following through on what they saw as a valid enough complaint to pursue an investigation. If there are people who are concerned that this wasted their time, I would suggest they ask the more pointed question which is what about your complaint was compelling enough for them to investigate further.
Just because your argument challenges what some people see as "normal," does not mean it is invalid or wrong. Keep up the dialog...you're clearly making people think!
YOU GO GIRL! We are on your side! And those idiots who choose to snark or make character judgments about people based on body weight - they're nothing. Nothing. Nobody.
I'm sorry you were subjected to that nastiness, though. It pays to have a really, really thick tough old hide in these circumstances.
Post a Comment