Friday, October 27, 2006

LBTEPA wallows in self-pity

All is not going well.
I almost ran out of my anaphylaxis pills (that I have to ship in from NZ) so I cut down the dosage so I wouldn't run out altogether. Then when they arrived I went back up to the normal dose (BTW my dr said this was ok in the short term - yes, I know I should have had more forethought and not cut it so fine to order them etc etc)
Now I'm sleepy. Very sleepy. Words about Suicide and Depression, Clinical Neuropsychology and Rehabilitation, the Scientist-Practioner model and the effect of TV on Children are going into my eyes and bouncing off my brain instead of soaking into it and getting ready to re-emerge in convincingly erudite coherence next Thursday. I'm pressing that panic button now, my friends, pressing it repeatedly and pressing it hard!!
Diet Coke is back in my life - I'm a desperate recidivist who should be called DAISNAID* not LBTEPA. So far I haven't eaten too too much although I did eat my morning tea and entire lunch all at once at 11.00am. The scales were mean to me this morning anyway (a kg UP? In two days? WTF?). Nearly as mean as the prompt, competent and charming (HAH!) bank employees with whom I spent half an hour on my mobile while they worked out that they might fax our most recent statements to our financial planner sometime next week if they can be bothered. For $19. GRRRRRRRR. So I'm lardy AND cross.
And I won't have time to do my speed session at the gym tonight b/c we are having friends over. So that means my weekly kms are down and that means that I probably won't crack my 1000km goal for the year, and will have gained every kg I ever lost back by tomorrow, so the Spousal Unit will leave me, and take Noddie and all my earrings, thus leaving my life bereft of any happiness whatsoever. We psychology types call this catastrophising. As my dear late (teetotal) GrandmA would say, there's nothing for it but hard drinking.

Ahhhhhhhhh that feels better. Nothing like an unbecoming wallow in the self-pity pool to clear my head. Thanks for listening, chaps. Back to it.
Onward!
*Do As I Say, Not As I Do

3 comments:

Flea said...

Think of it this way, you are in your car on a journey to Perth as eg.
You get a flat tire. You stop change it and get on with your journey. No you didn't want this flat or interuption but it happened, but you can still look fw and finish that journey. Yes, it will be a bit later that what you would've wanted but ... you could have not started either at all.

So, just fix that flat tyre that's all it is, a bump in your journey... one of many that you will and can overcome.

Anonymous said...

From one PIG* to another - there's nothing like a good wallow!

What does LBTEPA stand for anyway?

*Pretty intelligent girl

jeanne said...

wow hannelie is one profound chick! I like the way she thinks! As for you...maybe it's a Good Thing that at the moment Suicide and Depression are not sticking to your brain!
I loathe bank employees, almost as much as I loathe health insurance people...and you have a financial planner?!!! Now i'm jealous.
:)