Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Say it out loud.

The last 2-3 weeks I have not been
- getting up early to train
- cross-training (I like weights – why don’t I do them?)
- journaling my food
- watching portion sizes
I have been
- drinking more wine than is appropriate when my target is weight-loss.
- making excuses.
This must change. The excuses are the most dangerous thing. Yes, I am quite busy. I have a job and studies and a husband and a kid and a house and hobbies and and and…... but I have plenty of time if I use it properly. Let me not kid myself.
I do know what I want. I want to lose 7kg by Christmas. I want to run 2.29 or faster on October 8th in the Melbourne Half Marathon. I want to qualify as a psychologist. I want to do an Olympic distance triathlon this summer (oooooh, that’s scary to see written down…..).
I know how to get these things. I know that I need to take responsibility for what I eat and drink. I know that I need to get up early and work out in the mornings. I can do hard things. I’ve done them before. I can keep my eyes on the prize.
This post is to SAY OUT LOUD that I want these things enough to put in the work required to get them.
*Except possibly the Olympic tri. I haven’t decided about that yet. I can’t see when I could fit the cycling training into my week. But still.

At the moment it feels tiring to think about life this way. But that doesn't stop it being true that only discipline and focus will get me where I want to go. I just have to find a way to picture it that isn't so daunting, eh?

The Spousal Unit is bringing me home some new scales today (I told him to pick the ones that made him weigh the least!) as ours finally gave up last week. I’ve been to the stationary cupboard and swiped a notebook to carry around to write down my food and drink. My alarm is set for 5.15 tomorrow. Wish me luck :)

This has been a sad week in the big world. Steve Irwin and Peter Brock are no longer with us to share their passion and vision. Iron Wil has had to redraw her Ironman dreams. The anniversary of September 11th has reminded us of the preciousness of life and the importance of valuing the goodness in people.
Let’s all be inspired, and inspiring.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

What a lovely tribute post, for Brocky, Crocky, Will and You!

You WILL achieve what you aim for, I believe in you! After all, you are have the medal to prove it! LOL

Hayley

The Candid Bandit said...

Must remind oneself of the same things.

I think this is the advice youd give me - "You've been sick, give yourself a break!"

jeanne said...

but...but...you really ARE busy! ah, you'll get back on track soon, never fear! (WHY WHY WHY am I still up???)