Wednesday, September 20, 2006

how I feel is not who I am

Scott has just saved me with that one sentence.
This will sound stupid but I'm so relieved. I am not how I feel. Feelings will go away and I will still be here.
It's as though a stone has rolled off me. I can see a way out of the mental sludge I've been wading through. Maybe I can lose that 'just hang on, keep struggling and things will get better soon' feeling, and rest. And not disappear.

3 comments:

Cinders said...

It's amazing when a couple of simple words is all you needed to hear - a 'lightbulb' moment hey? I'm glad u are not going to disappear.

Hayley said...

You CAN'T disappear! *smiles* I won't let you!
You've motivated me so much it is sad for me to think of you being low, so i'm glad you've found some words of motivation for yourself. Write them out on a big sheet of paper and stick them where you will see them and have time to remind yourself - fridge? loo? above the bed? (Maybe that one wouldn't go down well with the spousal unit!)

I know we women have a habit of putting too much pressure on ourselves - especially when all we need to do is just relax and let things happen naturally. Are you beating yourself up? Do you HAVE to do the next (half) Marathon? Think about what's most important to you and prioritise your time towards THAT goal. It's been working for me.

Ok, speech is now over *breathe, hayley*

Take care of yrself, get that medal out and dust it off and KNOW that you CAN ACHIEVE YOUR DESIRES, you've done it before, after all,

Hayley

Unknown said...

I agree with hayley- we put too much pressure on ourselves to do everything at once when what we need to do sometimes is sit back and enjoy the ride..

I really enjoy your blog

Please come visit me

;)

www.ashwee.vox.com