NODDIE UPDATE: It's a rule that I do my nut at Noddie b/c she refuses to take a nap and we are going out tonight so it's important that she does, just after the young skinny childless newlywed neighbours (who I thought were out) come back from whatever stylish pursuit that has occupied their morning. Now I can only go into the front garden under cover of darkness lest they shoot me either disapproving or understanding looks.
RUNNING UPDATE: I went out for a run last night with my erstwhile running buddy Frankie, whom I haven't seen since he got a new job and our schedules no longer mesh. He is much, much, much faster than I am and teases me a bit, which makes me feel a bit bad; but he does run at my pace, which must be just above walking to him. I keep telling myself that as long as I am out there working hard and trying to improve myself, it doesn't matter if I'm slow.
I'm going out with the cool running Sunday morning group tomorrow for the first time - and by 'going out with' I mean we'll start together and they'll wave at me as they pass me on the return leg, they're nice people - and quite frankly I'm scared witless. I'm planning to run 2 hours, which will hurt. And I AM SLOW. I know they won't be laughing at me, but one part of me just feels almost ashamed. But another part of me just likes to run! When that part feels the splendid pleasure of effort it drowns out the "you're so slow, why not just go home" voice of my whiny evil twin. Or I hope it will! I'll let you know whether I pike the whole thing at the turnoff to the meeting point car park and scuttle home, or actually front up and do it. Have you ever noticed that things you have been dreading are very seldom as bad as you anticipated (recent 40th party excepted)? I'm really, really hoping that will be the case tomorrow.
FASHION UPDATE: I tried on some bathers yesterday - halter neck, boyleg pants, very out there for me - and they looked quite good!! For the first time it really struck home that all this effort is actually working. I bought the togs.
*Now the neighbours are having a shouting match. It must be the weather.
3 comments:
Well done on the new bathers. I'm in the midst of trying to get Josh to take a nap also... see how hard I'm trying? Enjoy your run tomorrow.
Glad you enjoyed the run.It was good to catch up. I wont be able to run on Friday.
Frankie.
I don't think anyone laughs, no matter how slow you are, because being out there going slow is SO much better than not being out there at all.
Post a Comment