Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Dauntless


So. How are you all? Summer is hanging on gamely over here, or perhaps autumn is starting off superbly, all warm sunny days and clear sweet-scented nights. Last weekend was the Labour Day long weekend so we went to the lake, and to an art show, and to the beach, and caught up with friends... it was just lovely. I hope you're all doing things that lift your hearts.
But anyway. As you may recall, my doctor had her secretary ring me a few weeks ago to tell me that the MRI  had revealed 'nothing serious', except a suggestion of (some word I didn't know) - with a strong subtext of I told you you didn't need an MRI now shut up and go away. That, as you may recall, was wh I did the parkrun and completely trashed my plantar fascia.
Last week I finally stopped sooking and took my very sore foot to my Very Good Physio, long may he reign, who heard this tale of woe, asked how soon after the MRI I did this foolish foolish thing,  and winced. A bad sign. What should have been emphasised by this doctor's secretary person was that, despite the fact that the foot did not require surgery, it was by no means uninjured, and still needed conservative physio treatment and care. Now I am back in my ugly arch support shoes *insert weeping bitterly emoji* (at least summer is nearly over), spending a fortune on strapping tape, and hip-hitching like it was my job. I'm looking for a new doctor.
I'm pretty sore and pretty angry and pretty disheartened.But never mind.
All is not lost. I'm at the gym 4-5 times a week, and riding my bike, and swimming and doing my exercises and going for foolishly long walks on the beach because I'm so effing sick of being inside all the time. And our beach is pretty bloody gorgeous.

Image result for 90 mile beach victoria
I've decided that my word for the year is DAUNTLESS
You can BE DAUNTLESS even while feeling completely daunted, I'm sure. There's no rule.
CARIBBEAN SEA (Sept. 28, 2012) The Royal Navy destroyer HMS Dauntless (D-33) passes the UNITAS flagship.jpg

More anon, anchors aweighers!

1 comment:

Tea said...

And need I remind you that TWO cities in Australia were voted the BEST PLACES IN THE WORLD TO LIVE.