Tuesday, June 09, 2015

thinking, but not too much

 The LBTEPA train got rather hesitantly back on track on the weekend. I walked for over 2 hours, reasonably quickly; no running though, the lungs wouldn't stand it in the cold air.  My current challenge is to not live the next 6 weeks (until the half marathon I intended/have paid/was well on track to do before I got sick) all at once in my head. I can't write off walking on July 26th yet - but I will be able to tell quite soon whether it'll be worth the weekend away/train ticket/accommodation to have a crack at it. My call now, based on current progress, would be 'no', which is massively disappointing and a huge worry concerning my planned November marathon. See how it works? I have to live in the future a little bit, but too much time there and I'm all sad and discouraged. LBTEPA the tightrope walker.
I'm continuing the gym workouts. The pitilessly accurate mirrors are, alas, still there, as are the startled looks from people I haven't seen for a couple of years. But no matter - it's the price I pay to get stronger. It is what it is. I don't have to like it. On my first visit the chickybabe who wrote my program spouted now let me know if there are any exercises you don't like and we'll change them, the most important thing is that you enjoy yourself. 
No it isn't, quoth I sternly, the most important thing is that I do it. She looked puzzled, but the feeble notions of gym staff are not my problem.

A daily gobful of this and I'm sorted!
More anon, sluggers!

1 comment:

MorseyRuns said...

Going to the gym for enjoyment- now there is a concept! Keep it up- you are inspiring me to visit the gym now- (but I don't plan on enjoying it) Sara