Tuesday, July 08, 2014

big smoke, little steps

a lovely visit to the big smoke for the dermatologist with Noddie last week included the zoo, the art gallery, shopping with my sister, lots of yummy not-like-in-our-town food, a ferry ride across the bay, and scienceworks. Now we know everything about black holes! We did a fair bit of walking, comparatively speaking, despite the winter wind, and I summoned the willpower to emerge from the spa at the hotel and wobble into the gym for stretching and core work. I wanted to (ahem) 'run' but the legs weren't playing after our (ahem) 'long' walk. The trouble with being physically weak is the body just Won't. Keep. Up. aka, patience is everything.
On Sunday I did go for a real live fair dinkum 'training run' - a planned and executed bit of exercise aimed at an event. So what if it was walk 2 min run 1 x8? I smsd a few friends I was going so I wouldn't sook out. When they kindly asked how it went I had two answers: a great start! and if I thought they were all going to be like that I'd give up on the spot. Both true. Next day the bastard achilles were a bit grabby but they're better today so I'm going again after work. I was just talking to Noddie and we agreed that getting up early(ish) this morning and doing my exercises and not running is much better than staying in bed dozing and not running. Noddie's a lovely child.
More anon, arty-farties!

1 comment:

Tea said...

That Noddie is a smart one.