Thursday, May 02, 2013

squeals and girly handflaps!!!

Well.
This isn't really a 'my life' blog but since you, my five faithful readers, have borne so much bleating about the Masters That Ate My Life etc etc over the years, I feel it is right to share some Brilliant News now that I have some.
After a, shall we say, somewhat unsatisfying conversation with my employers regarding an appropriate change in my remuneration following the hard-earned acquisition of all my Official Bits Of Paper, the Spousal Unit and I combined a nice lunch out with a bit of a cruise of local office spaces. An exploratory exercise, mind you. Just looking. And then we were in The Perfect Office. High ceilings, big windows, huge passing foot traffic, good price. Not horrible paint. And then we went back to look again after my physio appointment (of which more later). And then I was saying it's great, we'll have a think about it and ring you back this afternoon
and then the Spousal Unit started shaking his head and mouthing no, we'll take it now.
and I was all what?
and he was all no, let's just do it
and I was all really?
and he was all yes!!!
So we did!
And then we bought a laptop and a phone and professional indemnity insurance and business cards and some nice chairs with flowers on them and organised an eftpos machine and applied for a new medicare number.I should be open for business by the end of this month. It's really happening! I can't believe it, but the chairs are being delivered next week so it must be true.
*fans self*

In other, even more ace news (if that's possible), my physio is very happy with my ankle and that means I am too. I engage diligently in fun exercises such as pointing my toes up and down and turning my foot outward. Turning it inward is a treat to be anticipated, but that happy day will come, my pretties. Oh yes it will. My spare time is now filled with standing on my right leg with my eyes shut - quite tricky - working on my core and upper body with my home weights, and joy of joy, a bit of sweating on the exercise bike!! Yay!! Part of me is horrified and deeply saddened by how (I was going to say lame hahahaha) pathetic these small steps are, and how frighteningly far there is to go, but there it is. I must walk the yellow brick road one step at a time, no? Wearing pretty shoes and in the company of friends (however hairy, creaky or flammable they might be).

More anon, ruby slipper dancers!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on all fronts! That's great news.

Anonymous said...

Yay! for new business.
Yay! for a happy physio!

Emma

Tea said...

This is SO FANTASTIC! You deserve great things and flowered chairs. You SO deserve this!

cilosophy said...

So happy for you Alison!! Xx

Krissie said...

Oh that's so fantastic on both fronts! :-) Congratulations! And onwards!