1. There is a bloke I know of who has (ahem) "completed" 140 marathons. He is in his late 60s (I think) and finishes around the 6.5-7 hour mark. He is very happy to show off and take the accolades for his "achievements". This man is a cheat. He shaves the course. I know this to be true, having witnessed it myself on more than one occasion. Other members of Team SD have also observed him doing this. He is a pathetic liar and a disgrace.
But the thing is, I know another bloke. This other bloke is a top bloke. A skinnyfast himself, he is kind and encouraging and helpful to those not so genetically gifted in relation to their chosen sport. He also knows this first bloke. He is not aware of this bloke's habits and thinks of him as a never-say-die inspiration to all back-of-the-packers. He speaks of him as such to others.
Do I tell him?
And the other question:
2. Does it still count as an impulse-buy if you've been lusting after something for weeks?
I await your counsel, oh wise ones!More anon, puzzlers
9 comments:
I was hoping that I wouldn't be first, so I could just agree with everyone else.
I don't think I would tell him. Wait, maybe I would. I guess, I would look at it like this: What would skinnyfast top bloke think of YOU if you tell him? Would he think of you as just a spiteful mean beeyotch? Or does he see you as a trusted Top Notch beeyotch?
I do know that Karma will take care of the pathetic liar.
And no, it's not an impulse buy. it's a well thought out decision based on extremely important variables too complicated to discuss here.
I can agree with you on bloke 1. I have seen "shaving" (cutting across corners, for a saving of some meters - which he encouraged me to do as well. I don't think so.)
I have also seen him make up 30 - 40 minutes on me, when the course had 7 km to go, and there was a potential point to cut off several km. It is entirely possible that he ran that 7 km 40 minutes faster than me. I took over an hour. However, if he is capable of a 30 minute 7km at the end of a marathon, what the hell was he doing in my vicinity? (The other lass near me at the time finished within 10 minutes of me. That seems more likely.)
I don't know what to say about bloke 2. Maybe, he can use Team SD as good, shining examples : we have a dozen marathons between us.)
The shoes are cute, but very on trend. I got some leopard print heels to go with my brown suit, we can match!
Emma
You must have those shoes. MUST!
Perhaps I'm just a non-confrontationist cowardy type person.. it would boil my blood but I'd probably say nothing about the guy. Although having said that, I'd probably find myself drunk and awkwardly slipping it into conversation and look like an even bigger arsehole, so if you're anything like me perhaps up front is the way to go ;)
I wouldn't raise the subject, but if your friend does you could say something like "I have my doubts about him ..." " a couple of people I know have seen him doing some funny things ..."
About the shoes, you can buy them but only if I can borrow them.
Gran-oh
What the hell... who does that? You are only running for yourself so you are only cheating yourself IMO.
As for the shoes, the rules are if you are still lusting after a week, you have to buy them. Can't argue with the rules.
You should buy the shoes and soon, so you can start wearing them while you still love them, thereby increasing the value on the cost vs number of times worn scale, where you buy something very expensive, then wear it millions of times until the cost per wear is a few cents- but if you bought some shoes you don't like nearly as much, you might not wear them as often which would ultimately make them more expensive per wear.
As for telling bloke2 I am not sure, I would love to expose him for being a cheat, but worry that I then look nasty. No good advice here sorry! Sara
nah... why bother? marathons are all about you, and if "you" want to cheat, that's on you.
Totally cook with #2, defintely not an impulse buy!
Not an impulse buy. I can tell you ALLLL about impulse buying.
If they will make you feel like a saucy minx, get them, because we all need to feel like a saucy minx sometimes.
Get some red lippy too, while you are at it.
Cilla x
I wouldn't hesitate to tell! Not for a minute!!
Shoes are a well thought out and planned for impulse. :)
Post a Comment