Monday, June 28, 2010

What's on my chest

apart from phlegm, but come on, you know you'd be more astonished if I didn't get sick just before a big race. The Dr tells me it's a virus, and my focus needs to be on 'symptom management'. You know what that means? Pain killers. Ibuprofen. I do not touch that stuff as a rule, but this is on medical advice. I knew there'd be a silver lining in here somewhere.
But I digress. My five faithful readers know that LBTEPA is, first and foremost, an uber-fashionista. I'm all about Putting Together A Look. This afternoon I was packing for Queensland next Saturday - don't ask, it's all too head-bangingly complicated - and realised that the whole VSM#2 story was laid out right there on the bed next to my suitcase. A stirring tale of courage, despair and perseverance, in size 14 100% cotton
*wipes eyes, gazes nobly at horizon* ....now, read on....

I get a rush of blood to the head and pay my entry money. Excitement! Optimism!Training starts! It's all good!Runs get longer and longerI get sick again.Time to eat, and make Plans.Plan A: Plan B: 5:59:59 hahahahahaPlan C: make the cutoffThe real reason I do this.More anon, hipsters!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going for scary white shorts, and my "Stupidly determined" top.

I'm contemplating a frock for Saturday. After the race? Finisher's shirt.

Emma

Wes said...

LMAO... that's too funny. I especially like the last one :-) although "chewing through the restraints" bout made me spit out my coffee :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the last one :)

Do you take -- arrgghh can't remember the name of the stuff, it's nasty tasting drops and you get it from the hippy shops. Awesome against colds etc. I used to have some and I run out. It works. Wish I could remember the name of it. Echinachia??? maybe.

Inca Maia said...

Bwahahahahaha! Love every single one of them!

Duane said...

You are too funny!

Anonymous said...

I got Michelle a 'Tyred & Cranky" t-shirt awhile ago ... I told her it was for the bike ... which it was !!!!!

Have a great run at GC ....

Eat Em

Unknown said...

your shirts rock. they DO tell the story. :-)

best wishes for the upcoming marathon. my words of advice are simple - start at the beginning and keep moving forward 'til you get to the finish line. :-)