Friday, June 25, 2010

stuff to take with me

So.
Eight days until I toe the line for VSM#2. I'd say I couldn't be more scared but there's a week to go so there's plenty of time for more Freaking Out. But enough about my unstable mental state. I need wisdom from you, my five faithful readers. I'll take five or six gels with me on M-day. I'll write stuff on them to lift me up, help me up and fire me up. What should I write?
So far I have
- one step at a time, one km at a time, one marathon at a time
- I am marvellously made (from psalm 139)
- the finish IS there
- pain is inevitable, suffering is optional
What thoughts lift or fire you up?

next time: why?
More anon, truth-seekers!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Second marathon: a triumph of hope over experience.

(With apologies to George Sands.)

Emma

Anonymous said...

I guess "the sooner I finish, the sooner I can have a cigarette" only works for me :) I guess you could substitute champagne though!

Unknown said...

"if you can't run, walk. If you can't walk, crawl. But by all means, keep moving forward"

Anonymous said...

Oooh, Mrs Wonbat and I formulated a marvellous ran plan for Marysville (hilly, 35 degrees Celcius! Why?)

"Run until you die. Then walk."

More motivating:
"I'm in it for the carb loading"
Emma

Sue said...

This too will pass.

What does not kill me will make me stronger.

Actually, I'm really enjoying this.

Man, I feel great.

Why was I dreading this so much? It's FUN!

Inca Maia said...

"There is a finish line!"

"Just keep moving, moving, moving..."

"I'm here to tell the tale"

Anonymous said...

Hello there, good luck with the marathon.
P.S. It was not me who made the snippy comment re: Sara's sister in law. Just so you know....