Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Singing in the rain

Yesterday was an Epic HTFU Fail for LBTEPA. It included a very poor night's sleep, Noddie wandering in at 5am, and a big crybaby sookfest forty-five minutes later when the alarm went off along the lines of I caaann't go running, I'm too tiiiired, and now it's raaiinning and if I run after work I won't have time to do the groceries and I have to study sniffle boohoohooo waaahh, (Spousal Unit: there there) (SU and LBTEPA: zzzzzz) oh no it's 7.30 aarrgghh rush rush rush Noddie to school off to work busy day pick Noddie up from aftercare rush to dancing buy groceries eat dinner write assignment zzzzzzzz.
This morning it was still raining. LBTEPA's soggily triumphant H-eningTFU was brought to you by
Tim McGraw
Bonnie Tyler
ELO
AC/DC
and
Gloria Gaynor.
Damn it feels good to have my workout out of the way.
Note to self: remember how much better today felt than yesterday.

Now for another 500 words of my last assignment for the semester. I just found out I got 95 (!!) for my last piece of work so am a bit giddy and lacking focus. I also got some very good news about some consulting work I wanted. Whee!
So distracting! Must. Concentrate.More anon, sporters of fearsome coiffure

4 comments:

Bella said...

Okay, you've got me curious, I can normally work these out, but what on earth is HTFU??

:)

Wes said...

Nice work on the run and the wordage :-)

Inca Maia said...

No run can happen withougt AC/DC, Gloria Gaynor and Bonnie Tyler. It just can't happen. Must be why I have three repeats of "I will survive" on my running playlist...

Lol at Spousal Unit's there there! :)

Bella said...

Thx for your comment, just wanted to say I'm not ALL down on myself. That was just me giving myself a strict talking to!!

I guess what I was trying to say (in a very longwinded way) is that trying to analyse things and find the reasons just isn't getting the job done. And i'm at the point where I just need to get the job done.

You know you've so totally made it onto Bella's 'most motivational' list. Not because of all the amazing things you are putting your mind to and accomplishing, but also because you aren't afraid to show us all that it is still a struggle.

The difference between where you're at and where i'm at is that you DO (for the most part) get up and get to it. I just think about it.

Thank you for being you and for sharing it :)