My female friends*: what do you like about yourself? Why are you awesome? Make sure you write it in the comments. Details please!
Now the real question: are these things more or less important to your real, full, whole life than than how much you weigh or your (perceived) physical flaws? more anon,
beautiful people!
*Blokes are also welcome but I think this is much more likely to be an issue for chicks
5 comments:
Wow, a hard one in my current frame of mind, but I guess that's what your question is about isn't it?
Normally, one of my best qualities is positivity, with a side serving of friendly.
At the moment, my failure to make positive changes in my life is clouding my judgement about any of the good things about me.
I'm at a stage where I need to DO SOMETHING to redeem myself in my own eyes. Perhaps then I can speak with conviction on the good stuff ....
:)
Forgot to say that I allow my weight to effect the way I live my life and because of this, I don't feel that my life is as full/whole/complete as i'd like it to be...
So I guess my physical body effects my outlook in more ways than one?
I am true to myself.
That is the most important thing to me. It's a lesson that I've tried (by example) to share with my boys.
And it's much more important than how I look or how much I weigh.
What makes me awesome? I really try to live the way I believe is best for me, have the tenacity to go after things I really want and do not give up easily. I have a wicked sense of humour, the willingness to try almost anything, lots of ideas and tons of enthusiasm and I appreciate the everyday beauty around me. I'm a very loyal friend.
For me, this whole concept partially depends on who I associate with. When I'm among people who accept me the way I am, I know that they truly do accept me as I am, in all aspects. Then it does not matter. Sometimes I still wish some things about me were different, and if that feeling is strong enough and comes from the core of who I am (as opposed to peer pressure or a perceived "need" to look a certain way or do certain things), then I often try to do something about it, to reach that stage where I am content with who I am the way I am.
Some people (masters of the destructive criticism model) who I don't want to associate with but have no choice in the matter, make me feel horrible about myself in all aspects - as a person, which then translates into feeling horrible and/or inadequate in other aspects, such as my intellect or the way I look/am built.
At this point, I'm also more interested in function. The skinny pixies around me might look fab in certain garments which just do not work for me because of my physique. But the same pixies get puffed and complain when walking up a tiny hill.
Thanks for this - it was a great exercise. :) Sorry about the novel. :)
I like the previous comments. a lot.
I think that what makes me awesome is that I am a champion for all underdogs. I help people feel comfortable when trying new things that they really want to do but are a little bit afraid or lack confidence. And actually, my extra weight makes me more real and trusted.
Post a Comment