Meh. Meh. Meh.
That would be me the last few days, hence the lack of blogging as I am tryyyyyyyyyyying to not whine so much when I have so mcuh cool stuff going on and nothing of anysubstance to complain about. I mean
- Noddie's birthday party on Wednesday was...well it was.....just don't mention musical statues to me unless you've just handed me a LARGE glass of champagne. Noddie loved it and all the parents who came along still smile at me at school so it can't have been that bad. Noddie thought it was The Best Birthday Ever.
- J's farewell party on Sunday was good fun, and it was so nice to catch up with lots of friends we haven't seen all winter - although in hindsight a drop-in afternoon from 1-8pm was Just That Bit Too Long.
- J is enjoying his new job (of three days) very much, and it looks as though his team are both competent and easy to get on with
- his company will be paying for the moving truck! Score!
- Noddie is thrilled and excited to be going (a relief)
So why is all at chateau LBTEPA not hunky dory?
Ummmm.... as this is a mixed audience, I'll just say I've had a couple of things I've had to see the doctor about that have made life a little bit miserable. But they're being sorted out.
Every time I look at my house I see MOUNTAINS OF CRAP that I have to sort out/throw out/pack, while fending off their owners, Mr Hoarder or his dear daughter Miss But That's My Favourite!
Too much party-related eating and drinking (ok, ok, aka too little self-control/judgement), + too little training (being Out Of My Routine sheesh you'd think I was 18 months old + slightly unwell) = feeling blobby and slack and unsatisfied.
My hip's been playing up and my physio is off touring with the Bushrangers the inconsiderate b#$%&d so I had to find a new one - who is actually turning out really well; the exercises he's given me are not only extremly amusing to do, involving as they do rubber tubing and standing on one leg, but I can feel my "core" becoming more steely by the day.
And the guts of it....I don't have anything to look forward to. Now don't start - I know we're moving to the country and it will all be super and fab and idyllic etc etc
BUT
the vendors' solicitors are faffing around and we've had to extend the settlement and I won't be able to resign until it's all sorted and goodness knows when I'll be able to move away properly
and when I finally do get there I'll have to find a new hairdresser and doctor and physio and uni placements and FRIENDS and A JOB
and J has started his new job 300km away so I'm doing the single Mum thing during the week (= even fewer opportunities to work out) and Noddie is responding to Daddy's absence with a bit of (ahem) high maintenance behaviour
and I'm not racing my usual triathlon series this summer - it just doesn't fit in with J's job and the move, and as much as I wish it were so, my life isn't always All About Me - and I miss that focus - and that fun! - much more than I expected *sad face*
and I'm not even looking forward to my favourite swim very much because it'll be a half-arsed effort since I've hardly swum since April and also will be a Pain To Organise like every other bloody thing I want to do this summer
and the Big Race I want to do next year might not be on because of stupid legal battles over the ownership
AND I know these are small temporary things and nothing REAL to complain about
HOWEVER
It's my blog and I'll BLEAT IF I WANT TO
Now off to enter that damn swim and then stand on one leg for a while.
More anon, pressers-on!
That would be me the last few days, hence the lack of blogging as I am tryyyyyyyyyyying to not whine so much when I have so mcuh cool stuff going on and nothing of anysubstance to complain about. I mean
- Noddie's birthday party on Wednesday was...well it was.....just don't mention musical statues to me unless you've just handed me a LARGE glass of champagne. Noddie loved it and all the parents who came along still smile at me at school so it can't have been that bad. Noddie thought it was The Best Birthday Ever.
- J's farewell party on Sunday was good fun, and it was so nice to catch up with lots of friends we haven't seen all winter - although in hindsight a drop-in afternoon from 1-8pm was Just That Bit Too Long.
- J is enjoying his new job (of three days) very much, and it looks as though his team are both competent and easy to get on with
- his company will be paying for the moving truck! Score!
- Noddie is thrilled and excited to be going (a relief)
So why is all at chateau LBTEPA not hunky dory?
Ummmm.... as this is a mixed audience, I'll just say I've had a couple of things I've had to see the doctor about that have made life a little bit miserable. But they're being sorted out.
Every time I look at my house I see MOUNTAINS OF CRAP that I have to sort out/throw out/pack, while fending off their owners, Mr Hoarder or his dear daughter Miss But That's My Favourite!
Too much party-related eating and drinking (ok, ok, aka too little self-control/judgement), + too little training (being Out Of My Routine sheesh you'd think I was 18 months old + slightly unwell) = feeling blobby and slack and unsatisfied.
My hip's been playing up and my physio is off touring with the Bushrangers the inconsiderate b#$%&d so I had to find a new one - who is actually turning out really well; the exercises he's given me are not only extremly amusing to do, involving as they do rubber tubing and standing on one leg, but I can feel my "core" becoming more steely by the day.
And the guts of it....I don't have anything to look forward to. Now don't start - I know we're moving to the country and it will all be super and fab and idyllic etc etc
BUT
the vendors' solicitors are faffing around and we've had to extend the settlement and I won't be able to resign until it's all sorted and goodness knows when I'll be able to move away properly
and when I finally do get there I'll have to find a new hairdresser and doctor and physio and uni placements and FRIENDS and A JOB
and J has started his new job 300km away so I'm doing the single Mum thing during the week (= even fewer opportunities to work out) and Noddie is responding to Daddy's absence with a bit of (ahem) high maintenance behaviour
and I'm not racing my usual triathlon series this summer - it just doesn't fit in with J's job and the move, and as much as I wish it were so, my life isn't always All About Me - and I miss that focus - and that fun! - much more than I expected *sad face*
and I'm not even looking forward to my favourite swim very much because it'll be a half-arsed effort since I've hardly swum since April and also will be a Pain To Organise like every other bloody thing I want to do this summer
and the Big Race I want to do next year might not be on because of stupid legal battles over the ownership
AND I know these are small temporary things and nothing REAL to complain about
HOWEVER
It's my blog and I'll BLEAT IF I WANT TO
Now off to enter that damn swim and then stand on one leg for a while.
6 comments:
As you know, I'm likewise keen on that big run.
There is another run on that same day. I'm feeling every so slightly tempted to do that one instead.
The Paris Marathon! In Paris!
(Yes, yes, need for money, lack of leave but it's been cheering me up. If I can't do Canberra, I'll run Paris!)
Your ears should have tingled tonight. I fell over my medicine ball at gym, and someone saw. She asked "So, how is your training going?". Since I'd just been caught out being clumsy, I said brightly "Oh, fab! I ran my first marathon this year", and then told her all about Team Stupidly Determined.
Emma
You know I live half way to your new house all ready! Settlements rarely happen smoothly but they do happen. What you need is new running shoes and pants (I got mine at New Balance in Smith Street)to get you in the mood, or bathers if that is the problem.
You know Paris sounds like a very good idea..........
Oh, I know how you feel, and if you want to feel "meh" about everything, then you're allowed to. I hate being in the in-between zone, where I'm waiting for other people to do stuff / make decisions so I can then get on with making my plans and DOING stuff, and it sounds like that's where you are at the moment. Suffering come-down after the marathon, in limbo with the house move, not really one place or the other - it will settle, you will run again soon, and swim, and make plans, move, family properly reunited and all well with the world. Promise!
A very minor set-back at our house this morning and I accidentally ate the dog's tranquilizer tablet by mistake for my folic acid. At least you didn't do that!
I bet you'll still love the swim and later on you'll be glad to have done it. :)
Lots on your plate indeed, no wonder you are feeling meh and all scrambled up. It seems we're very much alike in this - we just want to know precisely what and when, and then we figure out the how, but it's sooo annoying when people mess it up (like the settlement). Not cool to be ending the year in limbo, but I'm sure you'll be in full gear and with stuff figured out by the time 2010 rolls around - and now that's a way to start the year. :)
Alright, off to write up my own meh list then!
I think you should do Paris marathon with your anonymouse friend.
;-)
Post a Comment