Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Cup Day 2007

08.30 Off to the TAB with booted andcowboy-hatted Noddie and her hobby horse Empire Rose. Noddie chooses horse to back based on colours of jockey's silks (which, alas, later runs last furlong as though it's tied to a rail), and fills in betting slip and posts it through machine at the counter. We at chez LBTEPA are all about culture, and if we're getting a public holiday for a horse race we want Noddie to know why.
09.30-12.30 Uni computer lab - start data analysis of paltry sample for the Bastard Thesis.
12.55 frock up for13.30 - 17.30 Cup Day party at friend's house, during which Noddie behaves absolutely charmingly - an utter fluke for which J and I naturally take full credit. Noddie remains committed to her hat at all times *wipes eyes* I'm so proudWin nothing despite having covered 80% of field in various sweeps.
18.00 Home.
More nibbles and drink
Crap TV
21.30 Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Tomorrow: Back to The Regime!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautimous hat! (I think I just made up a word)

I love how Noddie wore hers all day too.

Wes said...

Lordie, she's such a cutie. I {heart} little girls. Wanted one of my own. I think it worked out though. I get to spoil them and then give them back :-)

Anonymous said...

we used to live in kensington. was great fun to watch the people strut to but wobble home from the races. i really love the one that's for the laydeeeeez. nothing like wobbling home carrying your strappy sandals and spewing on the street. please let us know if you do that.

Flea said...

Oh lookie how gorgeous you guys look!
You have a beautiful smile.
Me, I stayed home, depressed and sorry for myself .. ya know, that feeling that pops it's head out often.

The Candid Bandit said...

What a wonderful day.

I'm very proud of Noddie too.

Not one winning? With all those bets?

Anonymous said...

Ohh, how sweet you all look :)

nothing like educating the younger generation on the finer points of being "Ozzie" through and through.
Love it, love it, love it.

I too won nothing in too many sweeps to keep track of.
But, hey it's not all about the racing is it?

Just wish we had a public holiday up here too (the whole no-champagne at work kinda kills the celebrations)...
cheers,

Kathy said...

There's nothing better than a Cup Day luncheon, unless it's a Cup Day luncheon followed by betting on the winner and cleaning up the sweep.

Love the hats!

Benson said...

Ooooh, so lovely all of you.

jeanne said...

i want to live where people wear "frocks." and Hats.
:)

you look gorgeous as always.