Friday, December 08, 2006

T minus 2

I was going to call this post FU, SU because the Spousal Unit and I had a huge row (about addressing Christmas card envelopes, of all things) the night before J's grandfather's funeral, during which some very unfair and hurtful things were said, and not by me.
But then my eye was caught by a card on my fridge which says "marriage is about overlooking the smallness and seeking the greatness".
I also read Wil's latest post about training to build strength of character as well as body. So I have let it go.
The funeral went as well as these things ever do.
And now I have a triathlon to do on Sunday. Patchy training or no, I will front up and have a bash at it. I've planned my outfit (most important!),my nutrition, thanks to geekgirl, and my attitude. Cheerful and stoic is the LBTEPA way. Stop laughing!

10 comments:

Spark Driver said...

So who won the fight?? You or the FU SU??

LBTEPA said...

You don't win fights like that, SD, you only lose - it was always a choice between "let it go" or keep on being destructive. :) (so maybe I won because I walked away?)

Simlin said...

Sometimes things are hard to let go... good on you!

Now for the Tri...best of luck, not that you need it because we all know you will do well!

Cinders said...

Another reason to boycott the Xmas Card.... Good luck on Sunday - I'll be thinking of you.

Bolder said...

what a great series! good luck!!

Duane said...

Have fun and we look forward to your race report!

Wes said...

Sometimes it is indeed better to feel hubby's pain and walk away. It's not about winning. Now, get out there and BASH that tri!

Jadey said...

OMG a triathlon in this heat? You are a superwoman. How did you go hun? Just turning up earns you full points.

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

I'm thinking about you today -- GOOD LUCK!!

Can't wait to hear all about it later...

Anonymous said...

Overlooking the smallness and seeking the greatness.... I love it!

I find that most times the biggest fights start over the smallest things.