BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 15, 2013

SSDD

Exclusive! Paparazzi release notes from a crumpled up piece of paper at the bottom of the bin in LBTEPA's study!
-  not shifting any lard. Feeling bad about that. Ineffectual and undisciplined are two words I struggle with. It was my birthday on Sunday and I told the Spousal Unit this year will be different but I can't see how just now. Sticking with it though. What else can I do?
- not helped by new haircut that everyone really likes and I think makes me look ugly and old.
- six alcohol-and-evening snack-free days in the last 2 weeks and nothing changes on the bastard scales grumblegrumblegrumble must not give in to why do I even bother pass the chardy
- running on the treadmill at the gym is SO SATISFYING - now up to 20 minutes non-stop at 7.5km/hr (don't laugh. You have to start where you are and don't think I don't mourn and regret my lost fitness every. single. bloody. day) and clanking a few machines afterward as well. When I am dripping with sweat in my black dri-fit I AM INVINCIBLE rrrrrooooaaaaaarrrrr!
- SO EXCITED WE ARE GOING TO JAPAN IN FOUR WEEKS!!!! and getting our new camera this weekend!!!
- SO EXCITED ABOUT THE TRI ON SUNDAY!!!! my first race since mothers' day last year! except for how hard it's going to be becuase I'm so unfit and heavy and everyone will sneer at me and feel sorry for me BUT THAT'S THEIR STUFF. I'll be wearing this so they will know Who I Am.

My Plan is cruise through the swim, mass start schmass start I say, ride like I'm tied to a tree including whinge and grind my way up the bastard pinch hill right at the start, then lumber through the run. Hand off the chip to my patient team-mates and spend the rest of the day grinning. Sounds good.
jeez this will be the most boring post ever better write another one later I'll be down to four faithful readers if this gets out
(paper is ripped off unevenly at this point)


but seriously folks
One of the nicest, kindest women I have ever met, and one of the strongest athletes as well, was knocked off her bike on Tuesday and will have spinal surgery today. If you could send up some uplifting thoughts, or request whatever support you conceptualise as available from the deity/universal energy of your choice, I'd be really grateful.
Ta
more anon, ironsides!

5 much-appreciated comments:

Tea said...

The shirt is fantastic; likewise, the person wearing it.

Thanks for the laugh.

My thoughts go out to your friend for a quick recovery.

kathrynoh said...

There are too many bike accidents in this country. Every time I think about getting a bike, I read about someone having a nasty accident. Too many people with a sense of entitlement on the roads, I think.

Lisa said...

Be magnificent during the TRI! And Stupidly Determined. Whatever it takes.

So sorry about your friend's accident.

Anonymous said...

all the best with your TRI

Love the top ;-)



Frankie.

anywhichwayup said...

Oy, you, missy.
Nobody will be sneering at you.
You look fantastic in your fb photos from the tri.
I would love to do a tri.
You are freaking fantastic.
Stop being so mean to yourself! stoppitttt!!!

cilla x