BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Out.

Sms to the Spousal Unit:
sports physio says sub-talar joint is bad, possible heel spur needs x-ray maybe cortisone, biomechanical problems making things worse. No running min 3 months. Goofy is f#$%ed.
After the appointment I just sat in the car for about 20 minutes. I just couldn't move.
Then I went to the supermarket and bought some chocolate and sprkling shiraz.

Bugger, eh?

More anon.

7 much-appreciated comments:

Lisa said...

bummer.

hope the cortisone helps.

it okay to be mad, frustrated, sad, etc at the loss of your race. and after that, pick up the pieces and just try to get healthy as soon as possible. *hugs*

Wes said...

sorry to hear this. meh... make up for it by doing fun stuff!

SupermomE12 said...

Oh NO!!! I was so hoping to meet you in Disney and I know how much you wanted to do the Goofy challenge. I am hoping the doc is wrong and the x-ray shows good news and you heal up quickly. Hang in there!!

Life fit with Kirsty said...

That sucks.... U may need to have to have a t shirt printed with a caution :: injured runner logo... Feeling for u!

Anonymous said...

Bugger.

But. If we are going to be mad old ladies in 40 years, getting up for a quick 5km before we drink a modest selection of breakfast wine...we need to be able to get there.

Emma

Anonymous said...

Al, that sucks BIG TIME, that is possibly the suckiest thing I have heard in ages, and I think you have earned yourself a case of sparkling shiraz (which one is your fav? Mum always buys me the Andrew Garrett one). But those plane tickets are hardly going to waste, you will be able to enjoy those rides more without the cramping and DOMS. I can't really "Pollyanna" this one for you, but given enough time I am sure you can. (Still not giving up hope for a miraculous recovery) Sara

Paul said...

A. This is awful news. I am so sorry for you. It is terrible when a big plan falls apart like this. No amount of "it will be ok" counts for much. Just got to ride out the disappointment and focus on what you can do rather than what you can't. Get over this one as best you can. Paul

PS - you have way more than five faithful readers ... need to fix that up in your prose!