I'm feeling a bit bamboozled and overwhelmed (but in a sort-of good way) at everything that's happened since the first of October
- J noticed an internal ad for a new store in area we've wanted to live in for years, applied for the job and got it
- I handed in 8,000 words of uni assignments, due on the same day, four days after my first marathon
- we organised finance for the new house
- I sat my last exam for the year
- and cleverly gained 2kg through sloth and over-indulgence
We had a pretty big weekend too.......
- drove 300km to 'our new town'
- inspected 3 houses
- listened incredulously to astonishingly racist comment by second estate agent. Rang agency owner. Spoke strongly. Received apology
- looked at 6 more houses with other agents
- we bought a house! Right size, right area, right $$$. Thank you SO MUCH to the INCREDIBLY messy incumbent tenants for disguising the house's excellentness!
So when are you coming to stay?- we ate fish and chips on the jetty and laughed and sang all the way back to Gran's house!
On Monday we enrolled Noddie at a nice school less than 1km from the new house
- then picnicked with Gran at a park with an awesome worm slide
- and drove 300km home again
I've realised I'm going to have to clean our oven before we can rent out our house. Nooooooooooooooooo!
I think I might spend the next couple of days just doing nothing much while it all sinks in.
More anon, day-seizers!